(1) Digitalization of Television in four Metros in India i.e, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata & Chennai is made compulsory from 1st November 2012.
(2) Storm which hit East Coast of USA recently is named as Sandy. Because of this Storm New York Stock Exchange remained closed for 2 days.
(3) Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the only terrorist caught alive during the 26/11 attacks on Mumbai, was hanged at Pune’s Yerwada Jail on 21 November 2012 and the Authorities gave Codeword for this mission as Operation X.
(4) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation was downgraded on the lines of earnings outlook to underperform from neutral recently by Credit Suisse.
(5) India is world No.1 in Diabetes: According to the WHO report India is the world No. 1 in Diabetic patients. By the end of 2009 world having the 34.7 crore Diabetic patients but India having the highest number of 5.8 crore Diabetic patients. India followed by China(4.3 crore),America(2.6 crore), Russia(one crore) and Brazil(76 lakhs) countries.
(6) India may host 2015 World Wrestling Championship: India are in the running to host the 2015 World Wrestling Championship ahead of the next Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
(7) Canada to allow civil nuclear trade with India: Canadian firms will soon be able export uranium and nuclear reactors to India for the first time in almost four decades, as the result of an agreement reached between the two countries on 6th November 2012.
(8) Hanoi to host 2019 Asian Games: Vietnam’s capital city Hanoi will host the 2019 Asian Games.
(9) Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar was on 21 November 2012 conferred with BCCI’s prestigious Col CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement award.
(10) Shiv Sena chief Balasaheb Thackeray died in Mumbai on 17 November 2012.
(11) Bollywood actress and former Miss World, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, has received the second highest French civilian award “Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters” from French government for her contribution in promoting Indo-French cooperation in Cinema.
(12) Ranjit Sinha appointed new CBI Director:
Senior IPS officer Ranjit Sinha was appointed the next Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation for two-year term on 22 November 2012.
(13) Anil Dev Singh appointed new chief of IOA election panel:
Anil Dev Singh, retired Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court, appointed as the new Chairman of The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on 19 November 2012.
(14) United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon declared November 10 as ‘Malala Day’
(15) President Pranab Mukherjee released a commemorative postage stamp on late Ramgopal Maheshwari on 20 November 2012.
(16) The book on Indian Cricketer Yuvraj Singh named Yuvi was released in third week of November 2012.Yuvi, the book on Yuvraj Singh is published by Harper Sport and written by Makarand Waingankar. The book illustrates the brilliance of cricket shown by Yuvraj Singh in his career as a cricketer and the way he recovered from Cancer.
(17) A team of astrophysicists had discovered an enormous gaseous planet that is 13 times more massive than Jupiter, earning the name “Super-Jupiter “ and is the largest planet in our own solar system.
(18) Rahul Gandhi has Appointed Head of (Indian National Congress) INC Coordination Panel for 2014 Lok Sabha Elections.
(19) Under the brand name of ‘m-pesa’, Vodafone India has announced to offer mobile money transfer and payment service with ICICI Bank.
(20) President of United States of America(USA) Barack Obama has been re-elected to a second term, defeating Republican challenger Mitt Romney. He is the first black president secured more than the 270 votes in the electoral college needed to win.