State Bank of India (SBI) conducted written examination for recruitment of Probationary Officers in SBI branches in India on 28th April 2013.
There were four sections in the paper -
1) English language,
2) General Awareness, Computer & Marketing
3) Reasoning and
4) Data Analysis & Interpretation; followed by a descriptive section
Here is a review of the written examination which our team compiled by the reviews we received from our users . The review provide insights on how was the paper overall and the expected cut off. Also, this review will help candidates to have a look at the pattern of the exam so that they can prepare well for the upcoming exams.
- As said by many people who took the exam, the paper was an average paper, neither too easy nor tough though some people could not find enough time to complete the whole paper. The paper was relatively easy as compared to SBI PO 2011 Exam.
- General Awareness & Data Interpretation section were easy to moderate. Most of the candidates attempted these sections taking into account the time management part.
- English Section seems to be a deciding factor as many candidates found this section difficult. The reason behind this is that the standard of questions were high as expected. Options were looking too close and at times confusing as well.
- Reasoning section as earlier stated by SBI that the level of questions will be high for this section. The questions were manageable though if the time constraint was there. So, Reasoning section was moderate to difficult.
- Descriptive Paper: This section was on average lines. Mostly students found it to be a cake walk section.
The expected range of cutoff marks for SBI PO 2013 exam:
(Objective + Descriptive)
For General Category: Between 120-125
For SC/ST Category: Between 100-105
For OBC Category: Between 110-115
This is just an estimate from the reviews we receive and cut-off may change depending on the marks scored by candidates in the exam. Please post your views about the question paper and estimated cut offs.