ICICI Bank Ltd, is the biggest shareholder of the South Indian Bank holding 11.25% of the bank’s equity.
South Indian Bank has several firsts to its credit
- FIRST among the private sector banks in Kerala to become a scheduled bank in 1946 under the RBI Act.
- FIRST bank in the private sector in India to open a Currency Chest on behalf of the RBI in April 1992.
- FIRST private sector bank to open a NRI branch in November 1992.
- FIRST among the Kerala based banks to offer a Credit Card to customers in November 1992.
- FIRST bank in the private sector to start an Industrial Finance Branch in March 1993.
- FIRST among the private sector banks in Kerala to open an “Overseas Branch” to cater exclusively to the export and import business in June 1993..
- FIRST bank in Kerala to develop an in-house, a fully integrated branch automation software in addition to the in-house partial automation solution operational since 1992.
South Indian Bank Ltd.
Thrissur 680 001
Telephone : 2420020, 2420058, 2420113 2429333 (Secretarial Dept)