Now its time to apply for jobs in the Government owned public sector insurance companies in India.
National Insurance Company Limited, a well known, name in the field of General Insurance in India, has announced a Bumper Recruitment for the post of Assistants in “The New India Assurance, United India Insurance, National Insurance & Oriental Insurance company.
This is for the first time all the 4 General Insurance Companies of India are recruiting insurance assistants through a common written exam. Prior to this, all of them used to conduct their own exam separately. National Insurance Recruitment is good opportunity to get Jobs in Top Public Sector Insurance Companies in 2013.
Last Date to Apply: 8th June 2013
Date of Objective Exam: 14th July and/or 21st July 2013
Details of Vacancies:
- Candidates can apply for vacancies in one State only and will have to appear for Written Test from a center of that particular state. For example, candidate applying against vacancies in West Bengal State can appear from West Bengal only and would be considered for employment in that State only, in any of four companies.
- National Insurance Company Limited would coordinate the written examination, thereafter, Interview and Computer Proficiency Test for the short-listed candidates would be conducted by each Company in their respective zones where their Head Office is situated (except in certain cases).
Applicants willing to apply for Assistant Jobs in these Four Public Sector Insurance Companies must full fill the below mentioned Eligibility Conditions
- Age Limit: Applicants must be over 18 years and above 28 years (As on 30.06.2013)
- Educational Qualifications: Applicants must have passed 12th Class with 60 % Marks OR Graduate in any Discipline from a recognized Indian University.
- Knowledge of Local Language of the State is also necessary.
The Selection process for the Recruitment of Assistants in these Insurance Companies, comprises of Written test (Objective), which is followed by Computer Proficiency Test and Interview.
Candidates will have to qualify in a computer proficiency test for selection. No separate marks will be awarded for this test.
Pattern of Objective Exam:
The pattern of insurance companies assistant recruitment exam is:
- The Duration of Written Exam is 120 Minutes
- For each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Note: The table above means that the exam shall be conducted for a total of 250 marks, it would be proportionately reduced to 35 for ease of final calculations.
How to Prepare for the exam?
Those who have taken banking exams before won’t find the sections new but first time applicants might encounter confusions. Few tips which will help you in your preparations:
- Understand the exam pattern & frame shortcuts or easy methods for answering a question within the given time.
- Regular practice will boost your confidence level attend the exam without fear.
- Key to got through the exam would be keeping your basic fundas in its right place and right time-allocation in the test, these two things will ensure decent marks.
- Practice test papers from any Banking clerk level books as the pattern of this exam will be same as that of IBPS clerk exam.
Please note that there are no such golden rules to crack the exam, it depends upon individual to individual ability but there surely are some rules to break it like,
- Unnecessary attempts, losing accuracy which ultimately leads to negative marking.
- Don’t divide your time equally among sections. Keep sufficient time for the section which you think is tough for you to crack.
Important Topics to Cover:
The educational qualification fixed for applicants is 12th Pass with 60% marks or graduation pass. Hence, mostly questions shall be of 10th Class level only.
For Computer Knowledge Section: Answering this part won’t be tough as many are well versed in computer operations & questions would be only of basic level such as Computer parts & their functions, Basic internet & email controls, MS Office package (word, excel, powerpoint etc) & Popular software names & their uses.
Note: The above topics are just the predictions which we generally see in many entrance exams. Hence, after covering these topics look out for other topics from the book you are preparing which will help you further.
Books to refer for the exam?
The level of this exam is same as that of the clerical cadre exams. So if you already have any clerk level book start preparing from it.
For More Details & Apply: Click Here
This notification is a boon for the candidates who are yet to complete their graduation degree as minimum qualification required in 12th pass with 60% marks. Also, the post offered here is equivalent to a clerical cadre post in PSU Banks. So, definitely worth considering for every candidate desirous of being in a government job.
Banks-India.com team wishes good luck for your preparations. Make the most out of this opportunity.
LIKE our facebook page to receive regular updates about IBPS Recruitment. Banks-India.com now allows only registered users to comment. You may register here to comment.