Institute of Finance Banking & Insurance (IFBI) has tied up with Karur Vysya Bank(KVB) for Post Graduate Program in Branch Banking (PGDBB) for the states of Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pardesh, Gujrat, Maharashtra(Pune). It is an exclusive program leading to the career in Karur Vysya Bank as probationary officer (Scale-1).
Last date for submitting online application forms: 18th December 2012
Online examination to be conducted by IBPS on: 6th January 2013.
Application fees: Rs.500/- for everyone.
Number of Vacancies: 300 Plus PO Jobs
Important: Please fill in the Application by hand and in CAPITAL LETTERS using black ball pen only.
- Any Post Graduate / B.E / B.Tech with 50% or more marks in aggregate from a recognized University in India or any equivalent Eligibility qualification recognized. (Qualification obtained through Correspondence and Open University are not eligible).
- Age:Minimum 21 years and not more than 26 years as on 31st May,2012.
About the program:
The PGDBB is a one month program with 8 hours/day of full time class work.The program is unique in both its content as well as its methodology. As part of the training you will be trained on the topics such as – Overview of Banking and Financial services , Financial Accounting and Mathematics , Professional Skills , Financial products and Services , Regulatory Environment , Effective Business Communication , Customer Service , Selling Skills , Indian Financial system ,Retail Banking and Application Software in Banking Operations.
As a probationary officer you will be in a senior role in the bank, you will be expected to perform all banking operations involved in a branch; they would be like business development, operations, customer relationship management, cash management and any other role as per the requirement of the bank.
The program fees is Rs.30,000 plus service tax of 12.36%. As a special gesture KVB will reimburse the program fee of Rs.30, 000/- (does not include the service tax amount paid).
On Completion of TWO years of service in the Bank Rs.10,000
On Completion of THREE years of service in the Bank Rs.10,000
On Completion of FOUR years of service in the Bank Rs.10,000
Therefore, virtually this program comes to you at zero cost.
All eligible candidates will be put through IBPS test. Students who clear the test will appear for interview by IFBI. Selected candidates will be put through a final interview by Karur Vysya Bank .On selection, conditional offer will be issued by the bank and IFBI.
Pattern of the exam:
|Pattern of the Exam|
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum Marks|
Total Time allowed is 150 minutes.
For the first 3 months of probation (training period): Rs.14,500 only(Basic Pay)
For the subsequent 3 months of probation(training period): Rs 14,500 plus D.A.
From the Seventh month of your probation onwards: Rs.14,500+DA+ Eligible allowances depending upon the place of posting as per bank rules,approx. Rs.34,480. Also entitled for Casual leave ,Medical leave , Privilege leave as per Bank Rules.
About Job Assurance:
The PGDBB program comes with an placement assurance of placement in KVB. However, there are certain conditions to be fulfilled for getting into employment with KVB :
- 60% marks in every subject of the PGDBB program
- 90% attendance in the program
- Active participation, cooperation, adherence to academic and administrative guidelines and display of positive attitude.
- Bond: Service agreement for a period of 3 years.
- The location of posting would be decided by the bank, as you know all bank jobs are transferable in nature the final posting would be based on vacancies available at that point in time.
- Most Important: Applications received will be scrutinized and if found complete in every sense – all data provided, fulfilling eligibility norms etc. – you will be intimated to visit the center to collect the admit card for IBPS online test a week before the test date which is 6thJanuary 2013. The intimation to come and collect the admit card will be through mail and sms as per details provided by the candidate.
How to Apply?
- Walk in to nearest IFBI centres. Click here to know the list of centres. For details SMS IFBI to 56161 or call at toll free number: 1-800-266-8000
- For Online Application: Click here
View from here Frequently asked questions(FAQ’s) relating to the program.
View from here the program details.
To view advertisement about the recruitment drive: Click here
LIKE our facebook page to receive regular updates about IBPS Recruitment.
Leave a comment if you have any doubts/queries/questions.