Canara Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with Head Office in Bangalore and pan India presence with over 3650 branches, invites ON-LINE APPLICATIONS, from the eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Agricultural Extension Officers in Junior Management Grade Scale-I [No. of Posts-350].
|Payment of Application Fee / Intimation Charges||
From 28.01.2013 to 06.02.2013 [both days inclusive]
|Opening Date for on-line registration in Website||
|Closing Date for on-line registration in Website||
For SC/ST and PWD Candidates: Rs 20/-
For all others: Rs 100/-
Details of Vacancies:
|1||Agricultural Extension Officers||53||27||95||175|
Eligibility Criteria & Other Norms: (as on 01.12.2011)
- First Class in Graduation or equivalent from University of Agricultural Sciences in Agriculture / Horticulture / Sericulture / Forestry/ Animal Husbandry / Veterinary Science / Dairy Science / Agricultural Engineering / Fisheries Science / Pisciculture / Agricultural Marketing & Cooperation.
- Should have valid IBPS Score Card obtained in Common Written Examination [CWE] for Specialist Officers 2011-12.
Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted in to percentage and indicate the same in online application, besides indicating the CGPA / OGPA in the on-line application. A copy of the “Conversion Formula” notified by the University for converting Grades to Percentage has to be submitted at the time of interview along with equivalent class.
- Knowledge [read, write & speak] of the local language of the state
b) Job Profile:
Marketing agricultural credit, drawing up and implementation of credit plans, processing of credit proposals, conducting pre / post sanction inspections, recovery of advances, mobilization of rural deposits and other duties entrusted by the Bank from time to time.
COMPUTER LITERACY: Operating & working knowledge in computer systems shall be an essential qualification, which a candidate must either possess or acquire within 6 months from the date of joining the Bank.
HINDI KNOWLEDGE: The candidates shall acquire working knowledge of Hindi, if not possessed already, before completion of probationary period.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit as per Government extant rules.
- Scale of Pay: Rs 14500 – 600/7 – 18700 – 700/2 – 20100 – 800/7 – 25700
- Dearness Allowance, HRA, CCA, Medical Aid, Hospitalization expenses, Leave Fare Concession etc. and Perquisites like Conveyance, Quarters, Furniture etc., depending on the place of posting shall be available as per rules.
- The selection for the post of Agricultural Extension Officer is on the basis of Score obtained in IBPS-CWE-SPLST-2011-12 + Group Discussion + Interview.
- The total marks allotted for Group Discussion and for Interview are 100 each.
- The candidates who have secured marks as mentioned below in GD, interview & also final marks, will be considered for preparation of final rank lists.
Expected Cut off’s:
Marks out of 100
55 or more
50 or more
How to Apply?
Two Modes to pay requisite application fees:
1. Directly remitting the amount in any of the Canara Bank Branches-
- Take print-out of the Payment Challan and fill the necessary details. After filling the details, Submit the Fee Payment Challan & amount in any Canara Bank Branch.
Click here to Download the FEE PAYMENT CHALLAN
- Collect the candidate’s copy of Fee Payment Challan from the Branch. Please verify that challan is properly signed & the details of Transaction Sequence No., Branch Name & DP Code Number, Deposit Date are noted in the challan by the Branch Authorities.
- Now, Apply Online.
2. Paying the amount through NEFT in any other Bank.
- Fill the NEFT challan as required by the bank with Beneficiary details as under;
- Name of the Account: Canara Bank Recruitment Project – 3/2012
- Account Number: 1173201002318
- Payee Bank: Canara Bank, South End Road Branch, Bangalore
- IFSC Code: CNRB0001173
- Narration : Candidates applying for Agricultural officer post should mention their Registration Number.
- Collect NEFT Payment Receipt. Please check that receipt is properly signed & the details of NEFT UTR No., IFSC Code of the Sending Branch, Name of the Sending Bank, City, Deposit Date, Amount etc are noted in the challan by the Branch Authorities.
- Now, Apply Online.
NOTE: Link to APPLY ONLINE will be active from 28.01.13 . Our team will keep you updated.
Read from here detailed advertisement about the recruitment drive.
LIKE our facebook page to receive regular updates about IBPS Recruitment.
Leave a comment if you have any doubts/queries/questions.