IBPS has declared the results of the Bank CWE Clerk Exam and about 5.3 Lakh candidates have cleared the exam. So, it is now time to gear up for the interviews which will soon follow and competition won’t be easy because of the sheer number. It is utmost important to prepare well for the interviews as many of you will get interview calls only from few banks and it is important that you get selected in atleast one bank. Read our post on what to expect after clearing the ibps bank clerk exam?
Also, like our facebook page to get updates about various announcements related to IBPS Recruitment.
Usually for bank interviews, there will be 2 to 3 persons in the interview panel. Before the final interview, HR will check all the necessary documents needed and he can also ask few bank specific questions like CASA, Basel norms and profit of the bank, difference between various banking products etc. We are categorising the questions in 2 forms – HR Questions and Technical Questions –
The HR questions you can expect in your interview are
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me about your family
- Incase, if you are the only daughter/son in your family, will your parents allow you to work anywhere across India?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Don’t you think you are over qualified for this position?
- Why not software after engineering?
- Why did you leave your previous company?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Have you applied for any other banks?
- What do you know about your bank?
- Have you applied to other areas apart from banking?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
- If you are female – Being a girl, if you are posted in unsafe place like Assam, will you continue to work with us?
- Did you prepare for the interview? What did you prepare? (questions will be asked from what you prepared)
- Have you attended any bank interviews before?
- Do you have any questions for us?
The Technical Questions which can be asked in a bank interview are –
- What do you know BASEL norms
- What is CAR? (Capital Adequacy Ratio)
- What is the current CRR and SLR?
- What is microfinance?
- Repo Rate and Reverse Repo rate?
- What is SEBI?
- What is inflation and deflation?
- What is mutual fund?
- What is IMF?
- What is ULIP?
- Do you have account in bank? Which bank? Why?
- Differences you see in a private and public bank.
- What is forex?
- What is Bank rate?
- Have you heard about KYC? what is KYC?
You may also consider referring to books available for bank interviews preparations –
We have created a forum at http://banks-india.com/forum/ibps-cwe-bank-exams/ibps-interview-questions/ to discuss and provide sample answers to these questions.