What is Core Banking Solution (CBS) ?
Core Banking Solution (CBS) is networking of branches, which enables Customers to operate their accounts, and avail banking services from any branch of the Bank on CBS network, regardless of where he maintains his account. The customer is no more the customer of a Branch. He becomes the Bank’s Customer. Thus CBS is a step towards enhancing customer convenience through Anywhere and Anytime Banking.
How shall CBS help Customers?
All CBS branches are inter-connected with each other. Therefore, Customers of CBS branches can avail various banking facilities from any other CBS branch located any where in the world. These services* are:
- To make enquiries about the balance; debit or credit entries in the account.
- To obtain cash payment out of his account by tendering a cheque.
- To deposit a cheque for credit into his account.
- To deposit cash into the account.
- To deposit cheques / cash into account of some other person who has account in a CBS branch.
- To get statement of account.
- To transfer funds from his account to some other account – his own or of third party, provided both accounts are in CBS branches.
- To obtain Demand Drafts or Banker’s Cheques from any branch on CBS – amount shall be online debited to his account.
- Customers can continue to use ATMs and other Delivery Channels, which are also interfaced with CBS platform.
All these aim to provide convenient, efficient, and high quality banking experience to the customers, comparable to world class standards.
Update: If you are reading this article to understand the payment for CWE Exam for Clerical Cadre conducted by IBPS, following details might be useful. The payment of fees / intimation charges can be made through CBS branches of the following 6 Public Sector Banks
Bank of Baroda (Account No. 03970200001597),
Bank of India (Account No. 005120110000777),
Central Bank of India (Account No. 3135147199),
Indian Overseas Bank (Account No. 143502000000850),
Punjab National Bank (Account No. 3985002100046381),
United Bank of India (Account No. 0284053402005)
Read more about Bank Clerks Common Written Exam (CWE) here.
Download Format of the fee payment challan (CBS Challan) for Bank Clerks CWE