Top 20 Current Affairs for IBPS Aspirants – July Updates
A number of candidates who passed the clerical/PO exams wanted tips on preparing for the interviews and also to enhance their general knowledge. First most important thing candidates should be aware are the current affairs. As these are frequently asked questions during the interviews. Here we tried to collect some important updates which can help you during your interviews as well any general knowledge section of written examination.
We will try to publish it on regular intervels from now onwards (mostly twice a month). So that you get all the updates in short period of time at one place, saving your time so that you can prepare better and get success in your interviews as well as general knowledge section of various exams. Happy reading…
Top 20 current affair updates for this month are as follows-
- Government of Japan decided to honour Vandana Shiva with Fukuoka Prize 2012 on 23 July 2012. She will be honoured by this award in the ceremony which will be held by the Government of Japan in Fukuoka city in September 2012.
- The Supreme Court of India on 23 July 2012 allowed Tamil Nadu government to carry out repair and maintenance works on the Mullaperiyar dam.
- Bradley Wiggins of Britain became the first cyclist of the country, to win the coveted Tour de France Cycling race on 22 July 2012.
- Pranab Mukherjee was elected as the 13th President (in person) of India on 22 July 2012. Pranab Mukherjee defeated his rival PA Sangma with a huge margin as he secured nearly 69 percent of total valid votes.
- The ousted Maldives President Mohamed Nasheed is charged with illegally ordering the arrest of criminal court Chief Justice, Abdulla Mohamed. The charge was made on 15 July 2012.
- Marissa Mayer appointed as the New President and CEO of Yahoo
- EGoM recommended CDMA Airwaves in the 800 MHz band at 1.3 times the Base Price for GSM Airwaves.
- Sally Ride, First US Woman to travel into Space, passed away.
- SEBI permitted MCX Stock Exchange (MCX-SX) to operate as a Full-fledged Stock Exchange.
- Spain beat Italy 4-0 to win UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Euro 2012.
- The World Bank in its report named Global Economic Prospects released on 12 June 2012, projected Indian economy to grow by 6.9% in the financial year 2012-13.
- The Beijing summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) concluded on 7 June 2012.
- The Andhra Pradesh High Court on 28 May 2012 invalidated the 4.5 per cent sub-quota for minorities carved out of the 27 per cent.
- Gambian lawyer Fatou Bensouda was sworn in on 15 June 2012 as the International Criminal Court’s new chief prosecutor.
- Raja Parvez Ashraf, the senior Pakistan People’s Party leader, was appointed the 17th Prime Minister of Pakistan on 22 June 2012.
- Mohammed Mursi, leader of the Freedom and Justice Party (FJP), on 24 June 2012 was declared victorious in Egypt’s historical presidential election.
- Swiss Tennis maestro Roger Federer beat British player Andy Murray to win the Wimbledon Open Championship Gentlemen’s Singles Final 2012.
- International donors meeting were held in Tokyo, on 8 July 2012.
- Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma was signed as the Brand Ambassador of Unicharm’s Sofy.
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited announced to close down its Factory at Manesar.
Like our facebook page to receive latest updates on IBPS Recruitment.
Leave a comment below to discuss any queries.