SBI Associate Banks Clerk Exam Pattern
As you all are aware that the written exam for the same will be held on 7th Oct and 14th Oct, 2012.
Here, we will discuss in detail the Study Material and Preparation Material for the exam, so that students preparing for this exam will have a cutting edge over other students.
Pattern of the exam:
The Written test will be objective in nature consisting of 200 questions in total and consists of the following objective tests:
- General Awareness
- General English
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
- Marketing Aptitude / Computer Knowledge
Each section carries 40 questions for 1 marks each. There will be penalty of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.Candidates will have to pass in each of the Objective tests separately.The passing marks will be decided by the bank on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates taken together in each of the objective tests separately.
Duration of the exam will be 2 hours & 15 minutes
Based on the pattern above mentioned, here is the detailed analysis about different sections:
1) GENERAL AWARENESS: This aims to check the current awareness and basic GK of the candidate. For preparing this section, the best is to read the newspaper daily & find out the current affairs in banking sectors. global business, money markets etc.
View from here Current Awareness topics for the Month of July and for the Month of August.
2) LOGICAL ABILITY: In this section, questions are basically of diagrams, analysis, statements etc. You should be very keen & skillful while attempting this. Yo will be tested on the skills used by you to solve this. Also look for previous year question paper.
3) MARKETING KNOWLEDGE/COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE: In computer section, basic computer questions are asked to determine the Candidate’s Computer Knowledge.Students must read the Computer Fundamentals for the preparation of this section.Since the Clerical Job is now diversified, so selected students will also have to perform marketing activities in order to promote the business.As a case, the marketing aptitude of candidates is also tested.
4) GENERAL ENGLISH: This section covers questions on English grammar. Vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms etc. The simple grammar book is sufficient for preparation.
5) QUANTITATIVE ABILITY: In this, maths of Xth Std will be asked like algebra, profit loss, percentage etc. Class Xth maths book is the source to prepare for it.
View Practice Test Paper and Books to Refer for the preparation of the SBI Associate exam.
Interviews: Depending upon the Number of vacancies for the post, the bank reserves the right to call only those candidates for Interview who score preferably higher in the order of merit and will be called in the ratio of ( 1: 3 ) to the number of vacancies.
Final Selection: The Final Selection will be made on the basis of the scores of candidates obtained in the Written exam and Interview taken together.
So readers Good luck for your preparations.
LIKE our facebook page to receive regular updates about IBPS Recruitment.
Leave a comment if you have any doubts/queries/questions.