Here is a review of the IBPS CWE Bank PO Exam conducted on 18th Sept 2011. Thanks to Ms. Swapna for sending us the review of the paper. The review provide insights on how to prepare for CWE Exam. Applicants preparing for CWE for bank clerks can also use the guidelines as the paper structure and pattern would be very similar. If you wish to send us some article, you can send it on email@example.com, we will try to publish it as well.
All hyped CWE Exam for Bank PO is over now!!!! As said by many people who took the exam, the paper was an average paper, neither too easy nor tough though some people could not find enough time to complete the whole paper. The reason why I am writing this, probably it may help people for next CWE PO exam or to crack the forthcoming CWE clerk exam which is kind of similar to the probationary exam (though not tough like PO!!!!).
- Confidence – Nothing much will help an arithmetic paper. Trust me panicking will fetch you only negative results. Start doing the numerical and you will definitely arrive at the answer, provided you know the concepts well (Logic does help you but not for all numerical).
- Know the concepts well. This will possibly help you for the Reasoning part and Numerical part which will definitely reduce the time spent in these parts. What I mean here is PRACTICE maximum number of sums. It’s all simple middle school level sums (not even higher secondary level).
- Many people face difficulty in English part. And yes it is common to make mistakes in adverbs, adjectives tense and other such things After all, it is not our native language!!! There is a topic covered in R.S Agarwal’s English book called as “commonly made errors” (ample sources available in net as well…). Try to read all those points. Memorize it and start using it while speaking with your friends. Try to practice comprehensions in CAT question paper and solve it. That will help you in doing easy comprehension questions asked in bank exam papers.
- Computer – Just have knowledge of computer basics. Don’t go deep into it. Just an hour or two of preparation will definitely help in answering all the questions in this part. And definitely you don’t have to be a computer engineer to answer those!!!
- Keep track of the day to day happenings in the finance world and general happenings in the country. That will apparently help in General awareness part.
- Cracking CWE PO Exam is all about Time Management. Decide about the section you are going to attempt first. Plan over the time allocation and the time you are going to spend on each section. Attempt the section which you are strong in first followed by the difficult sections.
- Descriptive paper was not very tough in yesterday’s CWE paper. There were 3 questions totally viz., Letter writing, article writing and precise writing. You will have 3 choices for the first two questions. Out of the three choices, believe me at least one will be easy!!!
- Descriptive Questions asked in yesterday’s paper: i) write a letter to the appropriate person describing about the frequent power cuts in your area. ii) Write a letter to your friend about the women reservation bill. iii) e-commerce iv) changes in the telecommunication industry happened in the last decade.
- Finally, PRACTICE!!! It really works out. Practice really makes a man (or woman) perfect. :)
Hope this post is informative. Good luck for all your forthcoming exams. Drop in your comments about your experience of the exam as well below.