IBPS to conduct 5 common exams every year for bank jobs
IBPS has become an authority in conducting written exam for recruitment of bank employees for all major public sector banks with the exception of SBI. The institute has planned to conduct 5 tests every year with following details –
- IBPS proposes to conduct five exams every year for the banking sector’s recruitment needs.
- There will be two exams for probationary officers, two exams for clerical levels and one exam for specialist officers (agricultural, law, technical).
- The scores provided by IBPS for the common written exam will be valid for a year and successful candidates can apply to any bank of their choice based on these scores.
- The first such common test for probationary officers was conducted in September while the first set of clerical exams just got over on December 11.
- The first common test for specialized officers will be conducted in March 2012.
- Last year, IBPS screened 13 million candidates for employment while this year it is expected to screen 15 million candidates.