How to Prepare for IBPS PO Common Interviews?
As we all know, IBPS released the TWS scores of all the candidates who appeared for IBPS PO 2012 CWE Exam held on 17th June 2012. Now, its time for Common Interviews, IBPS will hold the common interview on the behalf of 19 public sector banks banks and State Bank of India and its associates will not be part of this. This time all the candidates who have cleared IBPS PO-2 i.e, 61,339 candidates will be called for the interview. Interview will be the deciding factor if you have to crack the recruitment process successfully. While your knowledge was judged in the written exam, the employer will judge your communication, attitude, and problem solving skills in interview.
Advantages of Common Interview:
A single system of interview will optimise time and economise on costs and save energy of all. Further, this unique system would bring in more efficiency in conducting exams & declaration of results on a faster scale and also eliminate repeat/multiple selections.
Disadvantage of Common Interview:
Failure to score passing marks in common interviews will lead to disqualification from the entire process making the candidate to wait till next year if he/she wishes to apply for bank jobs again.
IBPS PO Interview Process
- There will be sometime Group Discussion round before the interview, so be prepared for that as well. Here are some expected GD Topics. Apart from this be aware about all Current events/topics happening around within the country.
- There will be some general questions from the subject or the studies which you took up and other formal questions which you covered in the test preparation. Here are some Sample Questions.
- Candidates successful in both CWE-PO II and Common interview will be listed in the order of merit.
- The successful candidates will be asked about the order of preference of banks in which they want to apply for through a registration process which will be available on the IBPS website.
- Depending on the vacancies in each bank of his/her preference, a successful candidate will receive through a computerized system an offer from ONE of the participating Public sector banks.
- Vacancies remaining unfilled on account of candidates declining offer, will be filled from among the remaining candidates through the same procedure as mentioned above.
Current Affairs Section:
Go through following current affairs posts which our team prepares at the end of every month. Also, we advise you to have a knowledge about the following events in detail.
Click to read Current Affairs for the month of:
Tip: Read English newspapers as most interviewers prefer answers in English
language. This will remove your fear of English language & boost your self confidence as well.
How to Crack Personal Interview?
- In order to crack the interview, one has to be good in soft skills like- Personality, Attitude, Presence of mind, Speaking English & Politeness.
- Just follow the common etiquette’s (rules) which are needed to attend the interview then for sure you will clear it easily. Here are some tips on “How to behave inside an interview hall.“
- One of the most important deciding factor for selection process is your dress up. It is important that every candidate is perfectly groomed and has a professional interview outfit. Both men and women should wear business suit, that are clean and wrinkle free.
- Ask a friend to help you prepare for basic interview questions. Interviewers would ask about you, your family background, strengths, weaknesses, the reason they should hire you etc. Give a copy of your resume to a friend and allow him/her to question you about your education and work experience.
- Also be prepared with the general case study based questions relating to various decision making situations which a manager faces in its day to day working environment. You will be asked about the solution to these problems.
- Once you feel you are well prepared with the interview questions, sit or stand in front of the mirror and practice looking yourself. Pay attention to the nervousness, the way you speak, its pace and clarity of words.
Banks-India team wishes good luck to all the candidates for interview. Prepare well.
LIKE our facebook page to receive regular updates about IBPS Recruitment.
Leave a comment if you have any doubts/queries/questions.