Diploma in Banking and Finance
There is a growing demand for qualified manpower for the banking and finance sector nowadays and it will increase in the coming years on account of expansion of volume of business and large scale retirement of personnel. Banking and finance industry will require professionally qualified manpower endowed with banking and finance knowledge and skills together with technology-familiarity, customer-orientation and hands-on application skills who can be assigned to various desks / jobs with minimal training intervention at the bank level.
In view of the huge current as well as potential demand for the professionally qualified manpower for the banking and finance sector, and to ensure a steady stream of industry-ready professionals at the entry-level, IIBF (Indian Institute of Banking and Finance) has designed this course as professional qualification who aspire for a career in banking and finance.
The Diploma examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance, Mumbai and it includes the following papers:
(1) Principles & Practices of Banking
(2) Accounting & Finance for Bankers
(3) Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking
The eligibility criteria is 10+2 pass.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE COURSE:
- The course will give knowledge inputs to the candidates and expose them to the operational processes and modern banking environment so that they can man the counters at the bank from the first day of their joining the bank.
- Candidates undertaking the course will have comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge in the subject of banking and finance. The Diploma offers practical insights into the subjects while, at the same time, emphasizes robust theoretical foundation.
- The course will impart banking and finance knowledge and skills together with technology-familiarity and customer-orientation.
- The course is cost effective and at the same time high in quality. At an additional fee, candidates can seek educational support in the form of e-learning / virtual classes / contact classes.
- The diploma carries professional recognition among the banking and finance community as it is equivalent to banking industry recognized JAIIB qualification of IIBF.
- The course is so designed that most employers would value it for talent scouting.
In all, the course will make the candidates job oriented. Moreover, IIBF will host resume of all the successful candidates on its website and make it available to its member Banks / Institutions which include Reserve Bank of India, State Bank of India, Public Sector Banks, Private Sector Banks, Foreign Banks, Co-operative Banks and IT / BPO companies providing services to banking industry, for considering them for employment.
STUDY MATERIAL- Its Availability and Cost
IIFB has developed comprehensive self learning study materials and work book which has been published by Macmillan India Ltd and Taxman Publication Pvt Ltd. Candidates can directly purchase the books from the outlets of the publisher. Candidates who purchase the books directly from the outlets of the publishers. They can also purchase through online and by post. However the postage will be borne by the publishers.
You can also find details about the publishers and their addresses at website of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance, Mumbai.
EXAMINATION FEES AND REGISTRATION FEES:
- First Block of 2 attempts : Rs. 3200/- (Includes registration fees of Rs. 500/-)
- Second Block of 2 attempts : Rs. 2100/-
HOW TO APPLY?
One can download examination application form from the Institute’s website www.iibf.org.in .The application forms will also be available at the Institute’s Zonal Offices, Corporate Office. Examination Application Forms duly filled in along with requisite examination fee should be submitted to the respective Zonal Office at Mumbai, Chennai, New Delhi, and Kolkata. Non-members applying for Institute’s exam / course are required to submit a copy of any one of the following documents along with Examination Application Form. Forms without the same shall be liable to be rejected.
1) Photo /identity card issued by Employer, or
2) PAN Card, or
3) Driving License, or
4) Election Voter’s Identity card, or
MEDIUM PATTERN AND DURATION OF EXAMINATION :
- The examination will be conducted in English medium only.
- The examination will be conducted normally twice a year in May / June and November/ December on Sundays.
- Each Question Paper will contain approximately 120 objective types multiple choice questions, carrying 100 marks including questions based on case study.
- There will be no Negative marking for wrong answers.
- Information about mode of examination (online / offline) and centre of examination will be provided along with Examination Application Form.
- The duration of the examination will be of 2 hours.
- Questions for the Examination will be asked from the following topics :
(a) Knowledge testing
(b) Conceptual grasp
(c) Analytical / logical exposition
(d) Problem Solving
(e) Case analysis.
Like our facebook page to receive latest updates on Bank Jobs and Courses.
Leave a comment below to discuss any queries.