IBPS Results for the IBPS Bank PO Exam has been announced (Result Link). Many candidates are wondering what to expect next or what is the way forward to secure the lucrative jobs in the PSU Banks. Here is a little information to help you –
The IBPS result page just displays the status of a candidate as pass or fail..
- The scorecard will have more info on the scores, which would be sent via speed post.
- It is not possible to see the marks or to download the score sheet online.
- Scorecard will be sent through post to the address mentioned in the application forms.
- Each participating Public Sector Bank will independently issue a separate recruitment notification, specifying their vacancies and stipulating the eligibility criteria in terms of age, educational qualification, experience (if any), minimum required level of IBPS score in each component test plus Total Weighted Score (if any) etc.
- Successful candidates in the CWE who have been issued scorecards and who meet the stipulated eligibility criteria are then required to apply to any of the participating banks they wish to, quoting their personal details and their CWE scores.
- Each bank will then individually shortlist candidates and carry out their own selection processes such as Group Discussions and/ or Interviews etc. for final selection.
Q: Can I apply to any number of banks after the exam?
A: Yes, you can apply to all the 19 banks specified by the IBPS.
Q: To which 19 banks can I apply?
A: You can apply to all 19 banks who come up with the vacancies. Find the list of banks here.
Q:What is the validity period of the score card?
A: Score Cards issued by IBPS will be valid for one year from the date of issue of the Score Card.
Q: The test result shows Pass. Will I surely get a bank job?
A: Not Necessarily. Clearing the test alone does not guarantee any job. It is necessary to apply for the recruiting bank with the test score and appear for Interview/GD to complete the final selection.
Q: My result status shows Fail. Will I receive scorecard?
A: No. Scorecards are sent only to candidates who have passed the exam.
Q: I have failed/ I did not write the test. When to apply again?
A: The exact date is not known but IBPS may start registrations for the next PO common exam in the months of January 2012 or February 2012.
Q: Will individual banks have any cutoffs?
A: Each bank will specify a minimum IBPS CWE score for each section or overall score in the notification and only those who have secured that shall apply for vacancies.
Please leave your comments below if you have any other doubts.
Also, read our post on How to prepare for IBPS Interviews and Sample Questions